New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

OS 3.0 file location?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lmvo23

lmvo23 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac

I have a 3g iPhone and extremely slow Internet on my iMac with an alltel mobile Internet USB modem. My OS 3.0 download was almost done after 2 hours when the power went out due to a storm. I was hoping that iTunes held on to what was downloaded but it seems it has started over. I've searched with spotlight for "iPhone" and can't find the file on my computer. Does anybody know if the file is saved or if I have to start from scratch?

I want my phone updated!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Davcoccio

Davcoccio is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook White 2GB

If iTunes hasn't saved anything I'm afraid you're gonna have to start it over!! I suggest to start the download, go meet with friends, have fun, come back, everything will be installed, and you'll have fun again with the 3.0!!

QUOTE Thanks
lmvo23

lmvo23 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac

Hmm, well I tried it again but it was going 3x slower (estimated download time was 9 hours!), but it went for 3 hours before my internet lost connection.
So, I called my local apple store and they told me to update it on a different computer (at a friends house or work) with better internet. I was hoping I could do it in store. So, I'm updating it at work. The girl I spoke to told me it would not have an effect on the files on my phone. I will be pretty upset if my phone is empty!
QUOTE Thanks
eddiddiums

eddiddiums is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmvo23 View Post
The girl I spoke to told me it would not have an effect on the files on my phone. I will be pretty upset if my phone is empty!
After your initial upgrade, the phone may indeed be empty, but do not fear! All you have to do is plug it back into your own computer and it will restore the data from you last backup, including all of your settings.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cant Text | Oh no!! I really wanted a full search capability »