Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Apr 27, 2008
    Posts
    92
    Specs:
    MBP 2.5 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2, 17" Hi-Res Display ; iPhone 3G 2.1
    iPhone OS 3.0 - Duplicate Calendar Events & Contacts
    Since downloading and installing iPhone OS 3.0, it seems that i have duplicates of all my contacts and calendar events on my phone but not on my computer, and ideas why, and how to fix it?
    "Sure, I could compare PCs to Macs. But I make it a point to never argue about religion."

  2. #2


    Member Since
    May 19, 2007
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by jmullenberg View Post
    Since downloading and installing iPhone OS 3.0, it seems that i have duplicates of all my contacts and calendar events on my phone but not on my computer, and ideas why, and how to fix it?
    I've got the same problem. Very odd.

    Not found a solution yet but I suspect it will require a complete reset of the phone.

    Anyone else found a solution yet?

  3. #3


    Member Since
    May 19, 2007
    Posts
    8
    Solution found at:
    macosxhints.com - About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0

    ...and I've added some extra stuff (such as restarting phone) which seems to be necessary.

    1. On the iPhone, delete the MobileMe account
    2. Shut iPhone down completely.
    3. Wait 30 seconds
    4. Restart iPhone.
    5. Set up MobileMe account again and set it to sync calendars & contacts (and anything else you want)
    6. iPhone will say there are existing records; state you want to MERGE data.
    7. Wait for 5-10 minutes for the iPhone to pull down all data from the cloud again (until then, all your contacts, calendars, etc will appear blank).
    8. Check that all now works OK.

    Note: If you leave out steps 2-4, the duplicates WILL go but the phone won't sync properly afterwards!

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Nov 10, 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thank you
    Good work sir, thanks for the help, worked like charm.

  5. #5


    Member Since
    May 19, 2007
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkypickl View Post
    Good work sir, thanks for the help, worked like charm.
    You're welcome!

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Mar 03, 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thank you. I followed your instructions and the duplicates are gone (yay!) but now all the times on the calendar on my iPhone are out by three hours. Any ideas?

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Apr 12, 2010
    Posts
    1
    Iphone Calendar 3 hours different
    The iphone clock is different setting to the clock used. Check that the Calendar clock is set to the corect time zone. - Select Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar -> down the bottom is a section Calendars, check the Time Zone Support location is set to your city.

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Apr 03, 2011
    Posts
    1
    Unhappy Didn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilFaber View Post
    Solution found at:
    macosxhints.com - About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0

    ...and I've added some extra stuff (such as restarting phone) which seems to be necessary.

    1. On the iPhone, delete the MobileMe account
    2. Shut iPhone down completely.
    3. Wait 30 seconds
    4. Restart iPhone.
    5. Set up MobileMe account again and set it to sync calendars & contacts (and anything else you want)
    6. iPhone will say there are existing records; state you want to MERGE data.
    7. Wait for 5-10 minutes for the iPhone to pull down all data from the cloud again (until then, all your contacts, calendars, etc will appear blank).
    8. Check that all now works OK.

    Note: If you leave out steps 2-4, the duplicates WILL go but the phone won't sync properly afterwards!

    Tried that...wiped my entire calendar.

  9. #9


    Member Since
    May 07, 2011
    Posts
    1
    thanks!!
    worked perfectly with iphone 4 using 4.3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Duplicate All-Day Events on iPhone iOS 7.1.1
    By MBP17•David in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 04:30 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 09:19 PM
  3. Sync Outlook contacts & calendar between Mac & PC
    By lschwarcz in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 04:54 PM
  4. Copy and Paste events in Calendar on iPhone
    By jmullenberg in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM
  5. My Contacts & Calendar dont sync up now (iPhone)
    By Spartan117 in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •