New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Backing up iTunes from Mac to External Hard Drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

Friends

It is easy, but hugely time consuming, to back up my iTunes, including playlists etc, on to DVD - currently eight of them.

How can I undertake same back up with same preservation of playlists etc directly on to an external hard drive? This should be so much faster. Do I need special software?
Grateful thanks.

Ian
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

You can follow these instructions from Apple, bus just don't delete the original if all you want is a backup: iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Music folder

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

Dear Mary

I am most grateful to you for taking the time to read my query and to respond. I shall proceed as suggested. At least no harm can come from it if I'm careful and hopefully I can save the 75+ minutes it takes to copy my iTunes library/playlists to DVD.

I am most obliged to you.

Ian
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone OS3 Shake to Shuffle Destroys Playlist | Changing aleart noises on the iPHone »