New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

How to get MMS on ATT right now.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

***Interweb Disclaimer*** Use/try at your own risk!!

Here is what worked for me:

1) Download this file: (CLICK!) Then unzip it, and place the .ipcc file on your desktop.

2) Assuming you are using a Mac, running the latest iTunes (8.2) and have already installed iPhone 3.0 software... Quit iTunes, then open Terminal.app (~/Applications/Utilities/) and copy/paste the below command into the Terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

then press RETURN.

Quit the terminal.

3) Open iTunes.

4) Connect the iPhone via USB.

5) Hold the Option key down while clicking the "Check for Update" button in iTunes (you know.. the one you've been clicking ALL morning long.. lol. This will bring up a Finder window navigate through.

6) Navigate in the Finder window to the "ATT_US.ipcc" file on your desktop, highlight the file, then click "Open". iTunes will inject the file into the iPhone very quickly.

7) On the iPhone.. go to Settings>General>Network> You should now have a new tab/button title "Cellular Data Network". (If not.. reboot your iPhone to make it show up).

8) Enter these settings: MUST BE EXACT CaPs MaTtEr!

9) Reboot your iPhone.

10) On the iPhone go into the Messages app. You should now see the little Camera icon that allows you to take or choose a picture to send via MMS.

11)Send a test MMS to someone... it will fail.

12) Take the SIM card out of the iPhone and put it in another NON-iPhone (we'll call it 'Phone B") AT&T phone that CAN send MMS.

13) Try to send an MMS with phone B using the iPhone's SIM. It will fail. Now make 4 or 5 phone calls over about 20 or 25 minutes with phone B still using the iPhone SIM.. Try to send another MMS with phone B.. it should work!

14) Take the iPhone SIM out of phone B, put it back in the iPhone. Now try to send an MMS... it should work now!!! if not, reboot the iPhone and try again. Then you'll finally have... this:

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notopi View Post
very helpful! Thank you!
No problem. Post to let others know that you got it working.
QUOTE Thanks
Notopi

Notopi is on a distinguished road

very helpful! Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Could you clarify the username? There's an ellipsis at the end, not sure if that's the entire username.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Could you clarify the username? There's an ellipsis at the end, not sure if that's the entire username.
Oh! Great catch Kash! sorry the username is: WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM

post to let me know if it worked for you.
QUOTE Thanks
2SLO4ME

2SLO4ME is on a distinguished road

Well it was going well up until it was time to send the second MMS from "Phone B" I think my problem though is that "Phone B" is a Blackberry...
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

Had to dig out the OLD razzor LOL now to wait the 20 mins
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Ride

QUOTE Thanks
2SLO4ME

Got it to work!!! So you can't use a blackberry or probably any smart phone for that matter...
QUOTE Thanks
2SLO4ME

Oh and thanks RiDE!
QUOTE Thanks
Shimmer1122

Shimmer1122 is on a distinguished road

I can't get it to work HELP!

I get everything up until the Phone B part. I make 5 phone calls over 25 minutes and then try to send and MMS and it doesn't work! It's not a smart phone. It's a bootleg Samsung. Any advice?
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

still not working for me
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

odd I can send MMS on the Razzor but not the iphone. i am going back to make 4-5 calls in 20 mins
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Careful, the Republican Guards might censor or shutdown your thread for creating unrest (Hacking).
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

Thats a dirty word now I think of it more as personalizing your phone to meet your personality LOL
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« When will 3.0 be released? 12:01am Wednesday? | iPhone OS 3.0 Tour? »