New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Will there ever be a version of Reason for iPhone/iPod Touch?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikey.b@gmx.com

mikey.b@gmx.com is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G

An increasing amount of music making apps are coming out/being developed for apples portables, but do you think Reason will ever come out on iPhone? (I had a little play with photoshop as well )

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iReason.jpg (88.3 KB, 15 views)
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey.b@gmx.com View Post
An increasing amount of music making apps are coming out/being developed for apples portables,
They aren't being developed specifically for portable computers, they are developed for Macs in general. Yes, they happen to run on the notebooks, but they aren't being made just for them.
Quote:
but do you think Reason will ever come out on iPhone?
No, because it simply wouldn't be practical. The size is too small and the lack of USB connections make it a poor choice for such an app.

A notebook, while portable, is still a comfortable size to work with and has the processing power and RAM capability necessary to run music making apps.
An iPhone/iPod simply wouldn't be able to handle a processor/RAM intensive load like that.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
macattack101

macattack101 is on a distinguished road

Forgive my ignorance but what is reason?
QUOTE Thanks
mikey.b@gmx.com

Mac Specs: MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
They aren't being developed specifically for portable computers, they are developed for Macs in general. Yes, they happen to run on the notebooks, but they aren't being made just for them.

No, because it simply wouldn't be practical. The size is too small and the lack of USB connections make it a poor choice for such an app.

A notebook, while portable, is still a comfortable size to work with and has the processing power and RAM capability necessary to run music making apps.
An iPhone/iPod simply wouldn't be able to handle a processor/RAM intensive load like that.
My mistake, I meant iPhone/iPod Touch rather than notebooks, and fair point.
QUOTE Thanks
mikey.b@gmx.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack101 View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what is reason?
Reason

Can be run stand alone, or with a DAW (Logic, Cubase etc) using Rewire.
QUOTE Thanks
AppsInReview

AppsInReview is on a distinguished road

I have actually thought the same, it could work as a plug in module where you could rotate knobs etc, but as a fully fledged Reason I think it would be just to complicated.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Excuse me if this sounds mean but that would be the worst piece of software to port to the iPhone/iTouch (along with Flash). How practical would that be on a screen of that size?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there an APP | Dungeon Quest - I'm addicted! »