Specs:
    MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
    Will there ever be a version of Reason for iPhone/iPod Touch?
    An increasing amount of music making apps are coming out/being developed for apples portables, but do you think Reason will ever come out on iPhone? (I had a little play with photoshop as well )

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey.b@gmx.com View Post
    An increasing amount of music making apps are coming out/being developed for apples portables,
    They aren't being developed specifically for portable computers, they are developed for Macs in general. Yes, they happen to run on the notebooks, but they aren't being made just for them.
    but do you think Reason will ever come out on iPhone?
    No, because it simply wouldn't be practical. The size is too small and the lack of USB connections make it a poor choice for such an app.

A notebook, while portable, is still a comfortable size to work with and has the processing power and RAM capability necessary to run music making apps.
    An iPhone/iPod simply wouldn't be able to handle a processor/RAM intensive load like that.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Forgive my ignorance but what is reason?

Specs:
    MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    They aren't being developed specifically for portable computers, they are developed for Macs in general. Yes, they happen to run on the notebooks, but they aren't being made just for them.

No, because it simply wouldn't be practical. The size is too small and the lack of USB connections make it a poor choice for such an app.

A notebook, while portable, is still a comfortable size to work with and has the processing power and RAM capability necessary to run music making apps.
    An iPhone/iPod simply wouldn't be able to handle a processor/RAM intensive load like that.
    My mistake, I meant iPhone/iPod Touch rather than notebooks, and fair point.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack101 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what is reason?
    Reason

Can be run stand alone, or with a DAW (Logic, Cubase etc) using Rewire.

I have actually thought the same, it could work as a plug in module where you could rotate knobs etc, but as a fully fledged Reason I think it would be just to complicated.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Excuse me if this sounds mean but that would be the worst piece of software to port to the iPhone/iTouch (along with Flash). How practical would that be on a screen of that size?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information