New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iTunes wants to erase my iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ocmacman

ocmacman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4ghz Unibody

I just got my MBP. Previous to that it was not hooked up to any computer. I was using it as a calendar mostly. I bought a MBP unibody last week and love it. The lappy is one of the best. I have an acer linux laptop and that is a good one to but I can't put this thing down.

I hooked my IPOD up to it and a few things happen. One it changes the dates I already have on my ipod calendar. I don't have much music on the ipod, just the free stuff I could download directly. Now that I have a MBP I copied all my music to my itunes library and tried to sync to my ipod, but itunes says it must erase my ipod! What gives. I am in manual mode already so I just copied the itunes playlist to my ipod touch. I would like to get the ical and mail working with my ipod touch. Any tips? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I don't think there is away around that. Since you synced it to another computer already. It's basically set up like that so you don't pirate songs and stuff.

Back up your stuff and let it do what it wants to do to your iPod. Either that, or use your other computer with that iPod only.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Doppler808

Doppler808 is on a distinguished road

ok you need to do this. COPY your purchased stuff from iPod to iTunes. it should be under File third from the bottom option. If you have a lot of ripped stuff then you are SoL unless you have a 3rd party app that'll pull songs off your iPod, or backed up you music somewhere outside.
QUOTE Thanks
AppsInReview

AppsInReview is on a distinguished road

I think a program called MediaMonkey will do exactly this. I have not used it in a long time but i know it does sync and read music from iPods.

MediaMonkey » Information » Free

Hope this helps

Sorry for the edit - I know this program is PC only, but maybe you have a PC handy etc
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod touch software updated needed from Taiwan. | rumor of them coming out with new iPods. Is it true? »