New to Apple, iPod Touch 2G calendar Q
    Hi. I'm a new Apple user. Just got my first product, the iPod Touch 2G. It's been 2 weeks and I love it.

A quick question about the calendar, as I previously had a Palm TX. The iPod Touch calendar does ok, meets most of my needs. Except, there's no search function. There are many times where someone will ask me when a meeting was, or when the last meeting was.

Is there a way to search for a specific item in the calendar? This is a pretty crucial utility for me, and may determine whether or not I continue to use the iPod.

Or, maybe there's a calendar app. I'll check. In the meantime, I appreciate your input.

No I want to determine if I want to jailbreak. I'm not very computer savvy with stuff like that. Mainly, I want to be able to download Word docs, and import stuff from the 'net (maps 'n such), but I'm not even sure jailbreaking will let me do that...

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    There is no search function in the calendar.

If you want to load documents up on your iPhone, take a look at apps like Air Sharing, File Magnet and Data Case. They allow you to use your iPhone for data storage. You can view almost any standard file format (.doc, .xls etc) but you can't edit them.

I saw some calendar apps on iTunes. Will check them out in more detail after work.

But looks like many of them are for tracking ovulation. Would have been nice to have that one about 6.5 yrs ago...

Thread Information