New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPod Touch - Calendar / Contacts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

didjaever

didjaever is on a distinguished road

I am thinking about purchasing an iTouch. Does it have a Calendar / Contacts feature? I currently lightly using a Palm to keep track of Contacts and Appointments... I would not want to carry both around.

Waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon

Thanks!

MacBook / 07-2008; 2.4 Ghz / 2GB Memory / 160 HD
Green iPod Nano / 4GB
iPhone 4S / 12-2011; 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

The iTouch has the same Calendar feature as the iPhone. I hope you are ready for a long wait, the likelihood of the iPhone going to Verizon any time soon is slim to none.

QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Yes, all of your contacts / calendars can sync to an iPod touch. I do mine every day!

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
didjaever

I think I will just get the iTouch then...

One more thing... I read something that stated that you could not add calendar items directly to the iTouch but had to enter everything on the computer, then sync. Is this true with the 2nd gen iTouch??

Green iPod Nano / 4GB
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

I add things all the time to my first gen iPod touch and they sync back to my computer just fine. Especially useful when I am at work and want to enter an iCal item with an alarm -- the MobileMe website will not allow alarms to be added. Should be the same for all generations.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
bikalpapaudel

bikalpapaudel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch

^+1. Yes, its supported and very well at that.

Guys, not hijacking the thread but. How does the iPod Touch fill in as a good device worth the extra load when you have an able phone?

I mean, I have the 2nd gen Touch. But I have been unable to use it for anything more than music/videos. Seems I cannot utilise it. Its so much limited, its not a phone. We dont have hotspots everywhere.

Any tips on how one can utilise the iPod more? I already have a WinMo phone. How would that extra device help?

Aluminum MacBook Pro 13", AOC 22" Full HD. iPod Touch, HTC Gene. Windows 7 on a dumpster.

Everest, Buddha, Gorkha.
QUOTE Thanks
didjaever

but I could use the ical on my Macbook without mobile me, right?? and still sync the iTouch??

thanks!!!

Green iPod Nano / 4GB
QUOTE Thanks
bikalpapaudel

bikalpapaudel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch

^ Obviously Yes.

Aluminum MacBook Pro 13", AOC 22" Full HD. iPod Touch, HTC Gene. Windows 7 on a dumpster.

Everest, Buddha, Gorkha.
QUOTE Thanks
twizzard

twizzard is on a distinguished road

I got the Touch just as a PDA, not wanting to replace my phone or pay the extra charges. The Touch is a superb PDA. Go to the iTunes store ("apps" in the Touch) and look at the applications and podcasts. Almost all of those for the iPhone work on the Touch, although you do have to be connected via WiFi rather than anytime, anywhere. Recommended: Stanza & eReader for reading books. Urbanspoon, Speedtest, and GoogleEarth when you are on Wifi. FlightControl (about $1), Mighty Good Games' free Sudoku, eSleepLite. Of course, the built-in calendar (syncs with iCal), contacts (syncs with Address Book),music, podcasts (video and audio). There are many, many others.
twizzard
QUOTE Thanks
alfonso.ojeda

alfonso.ojeda is on a distinguished road

cool man thanks

+
alfonso julio ojeda madero
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gps | tom tom app used worldwide for free? »