New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPhone 3G: Text Message Sounds

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hellaflush

hellaflush is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I bought my iPhone 3G about two months ago and I'll just start by saying that overall I'm extremely happy. However, when I came across the text message sounds I found out that all 5 or 6 of them are extremely lame and boring. So I thought to myself, "not a problem, I have an iPhone, there HAS TO BE AN APP FOR THAT"!

Nothing. You can't even choose from another set of sounds elsewhere on the phone. You just have to choose from the annoying horn or the glass tapping uhhh...thing?

Anyone else feel like being able to alter your text message sound should be something you could do on a free phone? I bought this phone under the impression that the majority of things on it are completely customizable to your liking, but I guess not.

I couldn't find a rants and raves forum for iPhone, so here I am.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Yeah, nothing out there. I Jailbroke my iPhone a few weeks back (reverted this past weekend) and there is not even anything in that community to change text sounds beyond what Apple gave us. I was surprised and disappointed by that.

QUOTE Thanks
MacKid6693

MacKid6693 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Saving up for a Macbook

yea i hate all of them as well. I really wish there were more than whats on it
QUOTE Thanks
jmccormick71

jmccormick71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaflush View Post
Yeah, I bought my iPhone 3G about two months ago and I'll just start by saying that overall I'm extremely happy. However, when I came across the text message sounds I found out that all 5 or 6 of them are extremely lame and boring. So I thought to myself, "not a problem, I have an iPhone, there HAS TO BE AN APP FOR THAT"!

Nothing. You can't even choose from another set of sounds elsewhere on the phone. You just have to choose from the annoying horn or the glass tapping uhhh...thing?

Anyone else feel like being able to alter your text message sound should be something you could do on a free phone? I bought this phone under the impression that the majority of things on it are completely customizable to your liking, but I guess not.

I couldn't find a rants and raves forum for iPhone, so here I am.
The following link will explain how to do this in great detail, the part for system sounds is closer to the bottom, the top part is for custom ringtones (not sure if you're interested in them) but I have tried it last night and it works great and is pretty easy to do. First though, you will need a jailbroken iphone with open SSH installed to access the filesystem on the phone.
Hope this helps.

http://www.hackthatphone.com/20/custom_audio.html

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Delete Video on iPod Touch | QuickPwn Froze »