New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Recording Video on iPhone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MGufman

MGufman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" 2.53ghz MBP

I have checked previous threads for information on how to record video but i haven't found any of them to be helpful. Does any one know how to record videos using the newest IPhone? Is there a way to do it with out a App or do you need to download one?
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

As of right now it can only be done with apps on a jailbroken phone. I wish apple would let us have some video stuff. I am not jailbreaking my phone. With my luck it would break if I did it.

QUOTE Thanks
Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

There currently isn't any App Store Apps that will record Video from your iPhone.
I used to have a Jailbroken iPhone and Installed some App that would record video. In all honestly, its not really worth the time to do it. The Video quality is just horrible.
I hope that Apple is waiting to improve the camera on the phone before adding video capturing capabilities. Makes more sense to me that way anyways.

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks
MacGirl

MacGirl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0GHz Black MacBook 160GB HD 2GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrman22 View Post
As of right now it can only be done with apps on a jailbroken phone. I wish apple would let us have some video stuff. I am not jailbreaking my phone. With my luck it would break if I did it.
+1 same here....

MacGirl
2GHz black MacBook 160MB 2GB RAM
60GB white iPod & 8GB blue Nano
iPhone 3G 16GB white
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I finally Jailbroke my phone. The free video Apps do kind of suck, but the ones that cost $$$ seem to be of better quality. I'm debating if I want to spend $20 or not.

QUOTE Thanks
Tys 4x4 FTW

Tys 4x4 FTW is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4ghz Macbook Pro, 16g iPhone 3G, ancient 80g iPod video

i had one on my jailbroke iphone, its okay. but there's no way to get the videos off the phone...

so kind of pointless IMO
QUOTE Thanks
StreamingNet

StreamingNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGufman View Post
I have checked previous threads for information on how to record video but i haven't found any of them to be helpful. Does any one know how to record videos using the newest IPhone? Is there a way to do it with out a App or do you need to download one?
You don't need an app or software. You just need an iRecord Pro. That little box is magical.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to manage memory leakage in Iphone 3.0? | iPhone security flaw to be addressed Saturday »