15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
    So can I put my iPhone on multiple Macs?
    Hey guys,
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did a quick search for 'iphone multiple' but nothing jumped out at me.

I have a MBP.. and an iMac, I learned the hard way that the iPhone syncs when you plug it in.. Unless you cancel it.

But are my files (Music/Apps/Videos/Contacts) safe if I do that? I mean if I cancel within the first 2 seconds or so.. Is this a viable way to do things?

Reason being, I keep my Macbook Pro updated with Music and Contacts etc.. But for the convenience I sometimes wanna charge it from the iMac (if I dont have the mains adapter..)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Scotland, UK
    nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
    My iPhone doesn't want to sync with my Vista laptop at all. Maybe another Mac would be different but to be honest I wouldn't count on it.

Never lost any data, just never transfered anything over from the iPhone > PC. I think it will only work with one PC but if I'm wrong and you can do something as it would be very useful.

Kailua Kona, HI
    MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
    Well, you can disable the auto syncing. Open up iTunes on you iMac. In the menu bar click on iTunes > Preferences. Then click on the devices tab and deselect or select automatic syncing.

Strange... Mine has Disable automatic syncing unselected and it does not auto sync. Oh well that's how I want it anyway.

Thread Information