New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Video on iPod Touch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rhodri

Rhodri is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 15"

Hi everyone.

Is there a (preferably free) program I can use to rip a DVD to my HD and convert it to an appropriate file format to run on my 8Gb itouch.

Cheers all.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

What kind of DVD are you referring to?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
safarisurfer

safarisurfer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13 inch 2012 Air

check out handbrake. there is an ipod setting. i like the mp4 setting because it works on psp and blackberrys and such.

the movie you want to put on your ipod may be encrypted or protected in some way. so there is a few steps you need to do beforehand. its a real grey area so unfortunatly it cant be discussed here.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Handbrake. Go to their forum and read the Wiki and the stickies before asking ANY questions. Seriously. If you don't read and research you will get no help and will likely be mocked and treated rudely by the staff, myself included.

QUOTE Thanks
Rhodri

Thanks all. Its no special DVD... Just any DVD in general really - film DVD's, just for something to watch when travelling. In the UK they may be a different region than the US, but I do have quite a few region-free or other regions (my DVD player will play all regions y'see)
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

OK, we just need to be careful about discussion of copy-protected DVDs.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Rhodri

Ah yes, true..... I assure you nothing iffy going on.
QUOTE Thanks
dvrdwn

dvrdwn is on a distinguished road

when I go to hotmail and get my email with a pic atatchment it wont let me open the pic.
QUOTE Thanks
SonicBoom

SonicBoom is on a distinguished road

Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter

By far my favorite! It converts any file to mp4 or whatever you want, fast easy and free! Also, it includes (unless you don't want it) a Youtube downloader, just find the video and you can download it instantly! Plus it can add it to your library for you right after it finishes downloading. About ripping it...Probably you can use windows media? I'm not sure about that but defiantly check out Videora! Hope this helped.

---Alex
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« storing sensitive information | Im an iTunes idiot »