New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Watch .wmv online?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

00bolt

00bolt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM

is there a way to watch wmv videos online with iphone? Thanks, I have searched and searched with no luck at all.
QUOTE Thanks
alfiemc

alfiemc can only hope to improve

As far as i know you can't watch wmv nor flash for that matter the reason is :- This is an industry-wide issue caused because the accepted Digital Rights Management (DRM) system used to protect online video content, which is required by our content owners, is not compatible with Apple Mac hardware and software. The closed DRM system used by Apple is not currently available for licence by third parties and there is no other Mac-compatible DRM solution which meets the protection requirements of content owners. Unfortunately, we are therefore unable to offer 4oD content to Mac users at this stage.

I found that on the 4 on demand site when i tried playing things off there and I presume that the reason WMV don't work on the iPhone is a similar reason
QUOTE Thanks
SonicBoom

SonicBoom is on a distinguished road

.wmv is Windows...Do you think Mac would want you to watch Windows videos? XD Hence the "you need safari and quicktime to use iTunes". =P if only if only...They just need to get along >.>
QUOTE Thanks
thesnowboarder

thesnowboarder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
.wmv is Windows...Do you think Mac would want you to watch Windows videos? XD Hence the "you need safari and quicktime to use iTunes". =P if only if only...They just need to get along >.>
funny how there are ways to watch .wmv through quicktime.. flip4mac
QUOTE Thanks
SonicBoom

SonicBoom is on a distinguished road

But you'd need a program wouldn't you?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« songs got erased when syncing custom ringtones | mac mail tone »