Thread: Live TV Feeds

Live TV Feeds
    I am familiar with watching live video feeds on my Windows PCs and HP Ipaq which runs Windows Mobile.

My son has an Ipod Touch G2 and I was wondering if he is able to do similar things. Most of the feeds I am familiar with are MMS\ which use Windows Media Player, CNN, ITN, Eurosport, etc. Is it possible to watch any of these feeds with the Ipod Touch?

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Not unless those companies wake up and bother to provide a non wondows DRM version of their feeds

I would contact them, they will not do anything unless enough people demand they do, it worked with the BBC, who rolled out a streaming version of their iPlayer service and are now testing a mac friendly download service.

As long as many media companies are lazily relying on Windows Media DRM (which Microsoft does not offer to non Windows users), then only users with Windows PCs and smartphones can access the services.

In a world where people will start using iPhones, Macs, Linux PCs, Wiis and Playstations to access the Internet, reliance on Microsoft DRM will just see these companies isolating an ever increasing audience
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Thanks for the info. It's hard to believe that newsfeeds like CNN, ITN, etc. would DRM their material so that they could only be viewed with WMP.

What model iPAQ do you have? I have an RX3715 but I've never been able to view on-line video. Care to share how?

Cheers, John

I have the low-end iPaq rx1955. Watch the live video channels using Windows Media Player and MMS feeds.

MMS feeds? I'll have to look into that.

Thread Information