New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Is there a internet sharing program for the iphone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DrEwTiMe42o

DrEwTiMe42o is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM

I was just wondering if there was a internet sharing program that would allow your computer to use the phones internet access? My previous smartphone did this and it came in real handy sometimes. Is there a way to do this with the iphone?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

There was for a brief time but Apple pulled the application. Fortunately, if you jailbreak your phone, there are several tethering applications available.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
DrEwTiMe42o

Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM

"Jailbreaking" the phone voids the warranty though does it not?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If they find out

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
DrEwTiMe42o

ok cool. Does anyone know if they are actually secure?
I was researching alternative methods to get copy and paste on the iphone. But upon further research i found that most of these use network space which is the most hackable thing in the world. I was hearing of cases where other people would be getting completely random mail addresses and numbers on their phone.
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEwTiMe42o View Post
I was just wondering if there was a internet sharing program that would allow your computer to use the phones internet access? My previous smartphone did this and it came in real handy sometimes. Is there a way to do this with the iphone?
Jailbreak first. I use pdaNET as my application of choice. Easiest to use and setup.

They give you a 14 day trial, after that only the HTTP protocol (port 80) will work, everything else is disabled unless you pay the registration fee of $29. I did, it was totally worth it.

But most people can get by on just browsing the web only, they won't cripple that after the 14 day trial. I decided to register because I have the need to VPN and use remote desktop on the laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
extralarge

extralarge is on a distinguished road

I was wondering, how do we buy software if we jailbreak our iphone.
I mean, do we need to search the entire internet just for more compitable software for jailbreak iphone? Is there anything like itunes can provide us the program that we can easily download and install to our iphone?
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralarge View Post
I was wondering, how do we buy software if we jailbreak our iphone.
I mean, do we need to search the entire internet just for more compitable software for jailbreak iphone? Is there anything like itunes can provide us the program that we can easily download and install to our iphone?
When you jailbreak the phone it also installs a cydia app store
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTouch BUG!!! Audiobooks stops working . . | Wrong Address »