New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

song not playing through or skipping.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jofus21187

jofus21187 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 2.5Ghz Quad Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD

I have a Ipod Classic (120gb) and i have about 3 songs out of 1200 that either skip through the whole song or in the middle of the song they stop playing and skip to the next song.
ive already checked the settings of the song to make sure that the "start time" and the "end time" were set as they are supposed to, and they are. so im not sure what it is. Another thing is, the songs play fine on my computer, just not on my ipod.
has anyone had this problem before?
QUOTE Thanks
meowsh85

meowsh85 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofus21187 View Post
I have a Ipod Classic (120gb) and i have about 3 songs out of 1200 that either skip through the whole song or in the middle of the song they stop playing and skip to the next song.
ive already checked the settings of the song to make sure that the "start time" and the "end time" were set as they are supposed to, and they are. so im not sure what it is. Another thing is, the songs play fine on my computer, just not on my ipod.
has anyone had this problem before?
I am also currently having that problem as well as one of my buttons not working. I am bringing it to the apple store tonight so someone can look at it for me. I'll let you know how it goes. Also, what program are you using to download your songs? If you are not using itunes and are using a program like limewire, some of the songs might be corrupted.

I love my macbook
QUOTE Thanks
jofus21187

jofus21187 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 2.5Ghz Quad Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD

yea that was one of my first thoughts is that the file was corrupted, i do download from limwire.
Im going to just delete the song and download it again, see if that works.
QUOTE Thanks
Anl1390

Anl1390 is on a distinguished road

I as well have an ipod nano 8gig.. andd i downlaoded two songs from limewire and stuck them on there. They both skip right in the middle.. and taking it off, and downlaoding the song DOES NOT WORK. i have done this numerous of times. Plays fine on the computer.. plays fine on my itunes. when it comes to my ipod it skips! i dont understand..
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It could very well be the song seeing as how you got it from an illegitimate source. Try getting the song through legitimate (ie. legal) means (as you should be doing anyway).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I have found that sometimes, songs encoded with some software does just skip to the end

(the LAME library used by some software did this to some internet radio I recorded as AIF and converted to MP3)

try re-encoding the song using iTunes and see if the skipping disappears

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« disable album artist tag | Iphone 3.0 Software Update »