New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Contacts and calendars syncing problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chrisirwin6

chrisirwin6 is on a distinguished road

I have been an Apple fan for a long time, and finally managed to ditch Windows completely last year in favour of Macs for work as well as home. With the release of the iphone 3G I decided it was also time to ditch my trusty Palm and carry only one device around with me - big mistake that turned out to be. Ever since I bought the iphone I have expereinced serious performance problems with the address book app despite upgrading to 2.1, and more seriously I have had a nightmare with syncing calendars and contacts both via cable and MobileMe. Numerous calls to Apple's technical support have just resulted in more frustration as I have reset my data multiple times, reloaded my iphone firmware at least 4 times, reset my MobileMe account, but nothing they propose can get my calendars syncing again - the syncing worked initially for a few weeks but now I have four Apple devices (2 Macs, an ITouch and IPhone) plus MobileMe all with different calendar information. Calendars won't even sync via the USB cable. No-one at Apple can tell me how to fix this, and the issues have been referred to R&D!! Have other people out there experienced these kind of problems?
QUOTE Thanks
jennymac

jennymac will become famous soon enough

I wish I had an answer for you. I've read some good things about an alternative to MobileMe. People have been listing it as interways.net. I actually found it here: interWays - connect Your world.... A good basic account with a lot included is $4.99 a month, but there are a lot of useful add-ons (at least that I would be interested in) that could bump the price up close to the price of MobileMe.

Have you posted on the Apple Discussion forums? I've found quite a bit of help with MobileMe over there. Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari crashing. | authorizing problem »