New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Living in a "DEAD ZONE"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CI3PH3R

CI3PH3R is on a distinguished road

I live in a dead zone (No Service), is there anyway I can boost the service of my iPhone. Perhaps something through the Internet or an App?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Unless you want to install a cell phone transponder in your living-room, probably not. It's not the phone, it's the provider.

QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Same thing here. When I turn into the neighborhood any and all calls I am/were on are gone. It works about 80% of the time in my house. I tried ordering food the other day and the dude taking my order actually told me that my phone sucked! The things we do for the iPhone! I was completely happy with T-mobile!
QUOTE Thanks
CI3PH3R

I ordered one of these Home Page today. I'll comment again to see if it really makes a difference or not. But yes...the things we do for the iPhone indeed!
QUOTE Thanks
MacNNJ

MacNNJ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CI3PH3R View Post
I ordered one of these Home Page today. I'll comment again to see if it really makes a difference or not. But yes...the things we do for the iPhone indeed!
I hope it works for you, beacuse most of these things are SCAMS.

Please post your findings. If it really works, there are a few areas that I travel through where the signal strength could be better.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
I live in a dead zone (No Service), is there anyway I can boost the service of my iPhone. Perhaps something through the Internet or an App?
Easy answer, no.

@ CI3PH3R,

Ouch go get your money back. I mean TRY and get your money back. Those things don't work one bit.
QUOTE Thanks
jcmoore2

jcmoore2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods

Yea I switched from us cellular and had great service everywhere. Now I can barely make a call from my house and hit dead zones everywhere. The sacrifice we make for apple.
QUOTE Thanks
CI3PH3R

It does work! Boosts the signal by one or two bars in areas where I usually have poor service. It's not a miracle product but it does help. I no longer get the "No Service" in my dead zone.
QUOTE Thanks
Ronee

Ronee is on a distinguished road

I was told that everyone should call AT&T to report dead zones. It is up to At&T to install more towers to help with dead zones. I basically have no signal at my home (1 bar on a good day). When you call AT&T they can tell you based your address if there is a tower coming soon!! I am really confused as to why Apple partnered with AT&T to begin with...they had to know that AT&T provides horrible service (lots of dead zones)
The last time I called AT&T they gave me a phone number to call and report dead zones. I have not called the number yet but this is it: 800-288-2747
I love my iphone when I am not in a dead zone!! But in my area....dead zones are every where!!
QUOTE Thanks
CI3PH3R

I called the number but they weren't much help. They couldn't tell me anything about towers being built or improving the service. They were more interested in selling me a land line. They noted my information but I'm pretty sure it's already been discarded. I've found related info on this Wireless Extenders - Products - For Home or Office for the iPhone and boosting service. However, the price isn't right, and it may not even work unless you can get a strong signal to begin with.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

So is living in a dead zone as scary as they make it out to be in those Verizon commercials?

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
It does work! Boosts the signal by one or two bars in areas where I usually have poor service. It's not a miracle product but it does help. I no longer get the "No Service" in my dead zone.
Wow I'm surprised. It's just a sticker after all.
QUOTE Thanks
Luminosity

Luminosity is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD

wow, i thought i was the only one. I dont really live in a deadzone but in my apartment, i get maybe 1 bar to none. When i walk out side or anywhere else i have Full bars with 3G. Sucks sooo bad today the apple store called and told me my computer was ready to be picked up, but half way through it, the phone started to break up. He laughed and said i should get an iphone. I laughed and said i have an iphone, and i should have never switched from verion.

The guy was a prick, but in the inside, i can never go back to a regular phone ever again. Sucks so bad that verizon turned there backs on apple. Its kind of a lose lose scenario.
QUOTE Thanks
AirAddict

AirAddict is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0 uni

Hack it and use t mobile
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirAddict View Post
Hack it and use t mobile
T-Mobile is no better that AT&T and worse in many cases. Everyone likes one brand or the other and they all have their faults.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod as External HD | Iphone Video Recording? »