New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

horizontal texting?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SnowmanSimon

SnowmanSimon is on a distinguished road

Any apps out there to text in the landscape/horizontal mode? I often find myself misspelling words because the keys are so small.
QUOTE Thanks
rhoodtay

rhoodtay is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, 15 inch, 3gb ram.

I have a similar problem. The iPhone is not exactly big finger friendly.
QUOTE Thanks
Zeels90

Zeels90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)

I don't think so
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowmanSimon View Post
Any apps out there to text in the landscape/horizontal mode? I often find myself misspelling words because the keys are so small.
All I can say is practice, practice, practice, I have had mine for a month now and am just getting used to typing on it. I did have a head start on it however as I had a HTC Touch before my iPhone, If you think typing on a iPhone is hard try on a HTC Touch The touch screen on the iPhone is ALOT better then HTCs
QUOTE Thanks
IZVERG

IZVERG is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP unibody

My fiance keeps asking me if there is an app out like that, she has to type w/ her ring finger(s) because her iPhone hates all of her other digits!

-Ever Forward-
My X Blog
QUOTE Thanks
jwingnutt

jwingnutt is on a distinguished road

Is there anyway, to make the texting screen shift horizontally?
I have seen other devices make this transition and it seems like such a fit for apple to make this happen? ANy chances this could be a fix in the firm-ware or some sort of update?
THANKS
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

I know there are apps that let you create messages in horizontal mode, then send to email, but I haven't seen any that let you SMS from it.

Outside of that, we'll have to wait for Apple to implement it in a firmware update.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
I know there are apps that let you create messages in horizontal mode, then send to email, but I haven't seen any that let you SMS from it.

Outside of that, we'll have to wait for Apple to implement it in a firmware update.
It is called TouchType. Sort of a pain, but you can use it for email though. I have not seen anything for texting either.
QUOTE Thanks
jwingnutt

jwingnutt is on a distinguished road

Agreed this is something we all need from the Iphone. I wonder if there is a support, or rather an e-mail address you can send apple for comments to the software developers? I will start googling ASAP!
QUOTE Thanks
safarisurfer

safarisurfer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13 inch 2012 Air

there is actually one I was looking at after i bought bigkeymail. wich is a email app. it works kinda similiar to the email one but there are many many many steps required just to send a text message. for every text you had to put in phone number, carrier, country, and several other things. doesnt sound like much but when its for every single text its pretty lame it doesnt save anything.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Change contact category on the iphone | Quickpwn 2.2 Error »