Duplicate photo albums on iPhone
    I could use some help with photos on my 3G iPhone. I sync one album from iPhoto to my phone, but on the phone 3 show up. Camera Roll (OK), Photo Library (?) and iPhone Photo Album (the one I sync). The Photo Album is an exact duplicate of the album I sync (iPhone Photo Album). Why would two albums be added? Thanks...

Specs:
    17" MBP unibody
    I have the same/similar problem: I have "Camera Roll" and then "Photo Library" and "iPhone Album" (the album I have set in my iPhoto to transfer pics to for syncing to my iPhone). The last two are exactly the same and I'm not sure why either! I'm afraid to delete one in fear it will delete both and I have to re-sync.
    -Ever Forward-
    My X Blog

Yes, that is the exact issue I have. Also, I have iTunes set to not auto sync my data so it doesn't launch when I plug in my iPhone but iPhoto does launch. Maybe that is a clue to the problem? Anyone else seeing this problem or have any ideas?

Specs:
    17" MBP unibody
    I know you can go into you iPhoto settings and change it so it doesn't automatically pop-up when you plug in a camera (it "thinks" your iPhone is a camera).
    -Ever Forward-
    My X Blog

I am having the same problem as well. I can add other albums and clear the photos from my Camera Roll, but I still have the Photo Library with duplicates of all the Albums I loaded. How do I have non-duplicate pictures in my Photo Library while still having other Albums?

Quote Originally Posted by JCC37 View Post
    I know you can go into you iPhoto settings and change it so it doesn't automatically pop-up when you plug in a camera (it "thinks" your iPhone is a camera).
    Not that it really applies to this post, but you can change those settings in Image Capture not iPhoto.

Chris

I sort of figured out the duplicate album thing. Apparently the Photo Library is built into the iPhone Photo Albums so you can view all your photos in one album. This is how it was explained to me:

Say I want to organize my photos into the following 3 albums
    - Contact Pictures
    - Wallpaper
    - Library

Once I sync those albums onto my iPhone I see:
    - Camera Roll
    - Photo Library
    - Contact Pictures
    - Wallpaper
    - Library

In the Photo Library Album I will have all the pictures I have loaded onto my iPhone. The Photo Library is a consolidation of the Contact Pictures, Wallpaper, and Library albums. From my understanding you don't actually have duplicates of the pictures (even though it seems like it). It is simply a way to organize your photos and view them in multiple libraries.

As far as I know there is no way to get rid of the Photo Library (no matter how much it annoys you). If anyone has other information please share.

Thread Information