New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

The Mysterious Firmware 1.1.5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ambush

Ambush is on a distinguished road

How is it, in google and asking people NO ONE knows about firmware 1.1.5? My iTouch recently was restored to this version. It was orignally 1.1.4. I would like to take it back to that one because I could jailbreak it. Anyone know what the heck is going on with 1.1.5, and no, its not 2.0!
QUOTE Thanks
theonegod

theonegod has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro

1.1.5 was released today for ipod touch owners who do not want to go to 2.0.
Google is your friend. I searched for ipod touch 1.1.5 and got several hits.

Next time you do your google search try ipod touch instead of itouch as there is no such thing as an itouch.
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonegod View Post
1.1.5 was released today for ipod touch owners who do not want to go to 2.0.
Google is your friend. I searched for ipod touch 1.1.5 and got several hits.

Next time you do your google search try ipod touch instead of itouch as there is no such thing as an itouch.
...you said "itouch as." heheh, heheh.

This actually makes me wonder, though, if iPhones can use 1.1.5 for jailbreaking. Worth considering. Apollo IM looks mighty appealing.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If you think Apollo looks appealing, wait till you take a look at Agile Messenger. It is absolutely phenomenal and I'm eagerly awaiting the public release of the recent 2.0 jailbreak so that I can use it again

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

Basically there saying... spend the 1 Quarter Roll were asking and get the update for god sakes.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
Ambush

Ambush is on a distinguished road

Sorry guys. Thanks for your off topic replies I really appreciate it. Just kidding. Anyway, I jailbroke it with ZiPhone for Windows, not mac, and it worked. I don't know why. Anyway, the error probably layed between the chair and the keyboard... :-)

I got it working and it will sync, too. Before iTunes never recognized it properly and wanted me to restore it. Ya right! Why do the Sources that come with installer app have a LOCK on it? What does this mean exactly? That I don't have rights to it? That I don't have the appropriate software to access it? Oh, I found a list of repo's, sweeet. I wish I didn't have to add them manually, though. Too many!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2.0 Touch firmware - can't install any apps? | Mobile Me »