New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Music problem with iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BAP3221

BAP3221 is on a distinguished road

I have music and videos on my iTunes for my iTouch. However, I dont know why, all the music that i purchased on iTunes (over $100 worth of music) got deleted and it says it cant locate it on my laptop. But i still have the music i purchased on my iTouch. What can I do?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Let me ask you a question first. Is the Music the only thing missing? How about pictures in iPhoto? Anything else missing? Did you per chance rename your user folder?
QUOTE Thanks
BAP3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Let me ask you a question first. Is the Music the only thing missing? How about pictures in iPhoto? Anything else missing? Did you per chance rename your user folder?
actually now that i remember, the photos on iPhoto also wont show. And that i know of, nothing else is missing. I have the photos in iPhoto saved somewhere else safe on a disc, but im worried about the music i purchased. I checked with iTunes and a message says that you cannot redownload your music again ,and that your supposed to burn the music you buy into a CD in case anything happens. But i thought you could somehow take the music from my iTouch and put in onto iTunes...since my iTouch still has it
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You can with an application, but you missed one part of my question. Did you RENAME your home folder? If you did your music and pictures are still there.

Let me know that first. If you did there is a way to get it all back.
QUOTE Thanks
BAP3221

Quote:
You can with an application, but you missed one part of my question. Did you RENAME your home folder? If you did your music and pictures are still there.

Let me know that first. If you did there is a way to get it all back.
no i did not. I think it happended when i cleaned my hard drive with this program. Thats when it happened.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

There is a little Application called senuti. Download that and it will allow you to copy back your music to your computer from your iPod.

http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/

What program did you use the clean the drive?
QUOTE Thanks
BAP3221

Quote:
There is a little Application called senuti. Download that and it will allow you to copy back your music to your computer from your iPod.

http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/

What program did you use the clean the drive?
i tried Senuti earlier, and it doesnt read my iTouch. Do i have to do anything?? I opened it and plugged in my iTouch but it doesnt read it. I dont remember which application i used...because i tried so money, some tried to charge me money
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Interesting. I don't have access to a touch to try it out. It works with all my other iPods though. Anyone with an ipod Touch ever tried senuti with it? It should just work.
QUOTE Thanks
BAP3221

Quote:
Interesting. I don't have access to a touch to try it out. It works with all my other iPods though. Anyone with an ipod Touch ever tried senuti with it? It should just work.
are there alternatives for iTouch by anychance that u know of? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP3221 View Post
are there alternatives for iTouch by anychance that u know of? Thanks

Interesting that a lot of utilities do not work with the touch.

This one works according to a few touch owners.

http://www.scifihifi.com/podworks/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« couple things im not sure on (iPhone) | confused by iPod synch behavior: Windows vs. Mac »