New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

suddenly lost wireless internet.....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

b16crx69

b16crx69 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powermac G4 Dual 1.25/768mb/240g

Here is the issue: The university which I attend has two wireless networks; a guest and secure (802.1x). My 15" powerbook 1.67 running Tiger never had issues before, that is until last week. All of a sudden it won't work! With internet connect open, it shows that i'm indeed connected to the network. If I open safari, the first window will load, and possibly a couple more, but then it hangs and displays the "your not connected to the internet.......would you like to run Network Diagnostic" or something to that affect. So, I'll run network diagnostic and on the left it has the list (isp, airport, network settings, internet, server, etc...) which shows all green except for the "internet" and "server", which are red. If I allow it to go through the diagnostic it will show," it appears that your internet is working properly" or the like. Then it works again for about 3 pages worth of loading....then hangs. When the internet isn't working, if I open network prefs, tcp/....and click DHCP renew, it will work briefly (3 pages or so), but then quits again. I have to either continue to renew DHCP, shut airport off/on, or go through the diagnostic to get it functioning.
My internet at home works, however, it does seem slow. I've tried trashing plist. files, permissions repair, and resetting PMU, all of which were suggested around the internet, but to no avail. So, what the F***??? The hacks at the tech dept. didn't know what to say to me, so i'm turning to MF.
Any suggestions? Oh, i was going to take my airport card out and reinstall, but I couldnt find instructions on how to do it for my particular model. Something tells me that it wouldn't help anyways. TIA
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« XP Internet Connection Sharing | External HD won't mount via AirPort Extreme »