New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Wireless Internet - Webpage problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macamrstudios

macamrstudios is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I am posting to find out any information on possible remedies for this problem. I am overseas (South America) and run a mac book pro 15". I have been experiencing problems displaying certain pages (i.e. cnn.com/sports section) as well as others when I am using the wireless internet connection. If I am directly connected, it displays fine. I often get a connection timed out error. This applies for both safari and firefox. I am current on all my updates and apps and I have tested on a pc laptop using the same wirelss source and everything works fine. Any ideas? seems to be mac specific.

Thanks

Michael

P.S. I am using a linksys wireless G router and the internet provider is Fibretel.
QUOTE Thanks
aznburninator

aznburninator is on a distinguished road

That's odd, because I have a problem just like that.

I have a Macbook that uses a Netgear wireless internet connection via Airport. It connects just fine, but strangely enough, it only loads CERTAIN websites. The other websites just time out, like in your situation. I'm perplexed, because the Macbook is able to connect and access the internet, but cannot access certain websites.

I would really appreciate a remedy as well!

I'm not even supposed to be here today!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« First post here, very new to the Mac world but loving it | Time Capsule question »