New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Securing Wireless Network

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fuzzyjon79

fuzzyjon79 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro

I have a small problem. I bought my cable modem/router while I still used a PC. Come to find out, its drivers only works with Windows. My wireless network is currently unsecured. I'm not sure how to go about securing my wireless network when the drivers for the modem are for Windows only. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

It'd be more helpful if you could provide the make/model of your router. Have you checked their website for info?
QUOTE Thanks
fuzzyjon79

fuzzyjon79 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro

Yes, I have checked the Linksys website, and the driver is only for Windows. The model # is WCG200 (Linksys). I thought there was some way to go into your router from a browser.... 192.168.x.x?
QUOTE Thanks
cgsouthern

cgsouthern is an unknown at this point

Try 192.168.1.1 and if the router is still factory default use username = admin / password = admin. That should bring you to the routers browser page. Should be a tab that says wireless security or something like that, click it. Should be able to choose WPA, WPA2, WEP, etc from this screen. Might want to temporarily hook up your ethernet cable to the router though, my linksys does not like to be altered when your using wifi.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyjon79 View Post
Yes, I have checked the Linksys website, and the driver is only for Windows. The model # is WCG200 (Linksys). I thought there was some way to go into your router from a browser.... 192.168.x.x?
I searched Linksys' website and in 5 seconds had the user manual for that model, complete with instructions for administrating the router via a web browser.
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...#versiondetail
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to share a printer | Sharing Pictures from PC to Mac over wireless network...but how the HECK do i do it? »