smackenz
    Powerbook 12 Inch Wireless Question
    Hello, hope you can help;

I've recently bought a 12 inch powerbook from the apple store, however as usual I didnt quite do enough homework, and I have discovered that of course they have no PCMCIA slot. Duh!

Fair enough. I was originally planning on buying a PCMCIA network card with the prism2(+) chipset for use with wireless, and monitoring mode (this mode is only supported on certain cards/drivers), and is currently not available in Airport Extreme.

Since the PCMCIA slot is not included in the 12" powerbook, I decided to go for the macsense aeropadplus 802.11B USB wireless adapter (WUA700) which would suit my requirements. However they are not sold in the UK! I can find them online (ie Amazon America etc) but not even amazon will ship this to the UK for some reason.

So, (sorry for rambling) - the question - has anyone with a 12" powerbook had a similar situation? If so what wireless card (mini-PCI or USB) did you use and does it support monitoring mode? Also where did you get it from if you are in the UK.

Kind Regards,
    Scott.

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    If you don't mind paying for the shipping costs (and paying in advance), I could probably order one and ship it over to you. I have no experience using them though, so you'd have to be certain that it would work correctly.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

smackenz
    Thanks
    Thanks, thats very kind of you however I've found an Asus WL-140 USB modem over here which is apparently supported in osX. Should be here in a couple of days.... just have to wait for the powerbook now .....

Regards,
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan
    If you don't mind paying for the shipping costs (and paying in advance), I could probably order one and ship it over to you. I have no experience using them though, so you'd have to be certain that it would work correctly.

Thread Information