Linksys Wireless Receiver?
    Let me start off by saying that I've never used a Mac before today, so if you explain a solution to me... use simple terms, lol.
    As you may have gathered, I've always been a Pc guy before today (basically just because I could never afford a Mac) I came about an iMac today. Its used, but it was only $100. It's an iMac G3 (I think) It's One of the colored ones... it's a slot-loading indigo one. The model number is M55211 if that helps.
    Okay, the point of this post...
    I have a Linksys Wireless-g Router (model # WRT54g) and I have a pc with Windows Xp on it in my bedroom connected to the router with a Linksys Wireless Receiver (model # WUSB54g). They have always worked great together, blah, blah. When I got my iMac home today I fired it up and it starts in Mac OS X 10.1.3, but it also has Mac OS 9.2 on it also. I plugged my receiver into the USB port and the power light lit up, but the link light wasn't flashing like usual. I figured that it was just a missing driver so I put the install Cd in. Since I had never used a mac before I tried to open the setup.exe... and as you can guess, that didn't get me too far. I searched the internet for a long time to find the driver so I can use my iMac along side my Pc in my bedroom. Is there anyway that I can possibly use my linksys receiver with my iMac? and how?

TIA!

I've been searching around and Ralink Tech keeps popping up i guess they make the chipset for the device, might be worth checking out these usb drivers.
    Crack that whip…..liquorish whip.

Thanks for the reply!

I really have no clue which one of those drivers that I should try, any suggestions?

I have no idea to be honest i'm not even certain they will work. Other people on the net seem to be saying use the drivers on that link.
    Crack that whip…..liquorish whip.

Thread Information