New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Stream my xm radio to my hot tub??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

IronmanKez

IronmanKez is on a distinguished road

OK this is my first post...

I have a hot tub and there is a Aux jack in the stereo that I can plug my airport into. I now can stream my music from itunes to the tub. My question is can I run my xm radio or perhaps my television audio thru my Imac to the hot tub?

Thanks

Machine Name: iMac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac8,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.1)
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I first read the title of your thread as:

"Steam my xm radio in my hot tub??"

Back on topic....
Have you checked out the XM Radio home page? I would imagine it would be possible, but you might have to download a proprietary software player from XM. I'm really not sure, though.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
IronmanKez

IronmanKez is on a distinguished road

What I was hoping that I could run selected audio thru my mac by using an input jack on the back.

Seems like I can only stream my music to my airport by running itunes and selecting the airport/computer button on the bottom right corner.
QUOTE Thanks
mac0s9user

mac0s9user is a jewel in the roughmac0s9user is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.

XM allows you to listen to their music online as well. Thats what I would do. Also most of their radios have Aux out jacks. If you would run from your imac out to your hot tub then you might have to get a wireless audio system set up or a really long cable depending on your preferences/budget
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can’t connect to wifi network, but in room others can? | Losing Connectivity With WIFI »