New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport loss of connection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jonnie

jonnie is on a distinguished road

Recently, possibly since I installed the latest Airport update for Mac OSX 10.4.11, my MacBook Pro has frequently lost connection to my home wireless network. I have the signal level displaying at the top right of my screen and this drops to 0 every couple of minutes. To reconnect all I have to do is click the symbol at the top right of my screen and re-select my wireless network.

I know it is my laptop that is having this problem with losing connection because I have four flatmates who are constantly connected.

I've tried restarting my laptop and restarting the router, but the situation still occurs. I still lose connection to the internet regularly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
CKellermusic

CKellermusic is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2.0 Intel 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive

you aren't the only one by far. I've heard this from numerous people including myself. It just keeps going on and off with the new update. It's doing it as I type this. My room mate and I have had the problem, first noticed it with ichat ever since we updated the same time. I had another friend who called me and asked me about it as well. I don't know why Apple has done nothing about it. I tried the 10.4.11 Combo update to try to fix it and nothing better.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to Apple products - Questions about internet | router/modem question advice? »