New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

General Home Network Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

polakbob

polakbob is on a distinguished road

I have a PC that I use for business, and a couple of macs (a mini and a macbook) that I use for more entertaining things. Both of the macs run on the wireless broadcast from my router. The PC, meanwhile, uses an ethernet cord. All of my audio files are on my macs, and I'd like to be able to use iTunes' library sharing feature to listen to music on my PC via the music on my macs. It would be something of a pain to move a library as large as mine to my PC (I've done it a couple of times, and this is a fresh formatting on my PC). Does anyone know anything about the networking between all of these computers? Thanks for your time!
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

If the network IP's are similar...

192.168.1.x as an example

It should just work providing there is no software firewall blocking iTunes music sharing.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imac g5 ethernet issues | Wireless N »