New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

iMac - My MBP run webpages on safari faster than my iMac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

seasurfer

seasurfer is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 24'' iMac 2.8 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 500 GB HD. 15.4'' MBP, 2.6 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 200GB HD, iPhone 8GB.

I just got my 15.4" MBP yesterday, it is 2.6GHz with 4G RAM. I realized that it run webpages on safari slightly faster than my 2.8Ghz 4G RAM iMac. Why is it so? How can I make my iMac safari load webpage faster.

I am using the same network line for both my iMac and MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, MBP

Yep,

I also have a MBP and iMac...with the extreme base station set to N only. If you "alt click" the Airport icon in your upper taskbar you will find that the transmit rate is lower on the iMac than the MBP (at least it is for me anyway)

iMac: Transmit rate 270 Mbit/s
MBP: Transmit rate 300 Mbit/s

The other way to check is open network utility/info and use the drop down menu "network interface en1"

Anyone else have different numbers for N only?
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

IMO, the internet speed(loading content to the browser) depends also on the graphic card. Since they have different GCs, you may experience difference in speed.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Network Drive doesnt mount, please help!!! | Losing internet connection on reboot/restart »