New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

iMac - Loggin on to the internet

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

superb8ked

superb8ked is on a distinguished road

This is my 1st apple and I like it a lot. When I first got the imac it took just a few seconds to load the internet page. Now when I try loggin onto Firefox the page hangs for 30 seconds or so and says it can not establish a connection. Once I hit the re-connect button it connects immediately. This only happens after the computer has put itself to sleep or when I first power up. I have the mac that uses the OS-X operating system. Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be? Or am I just being impatient? Thanks guys......
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

make sure you have th emost up to date operating system installed with all updates....go to system preferences and update through there, restart and then see if you still have the same problem

in this case it can be one of two things, your imac or your router/internet connection
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
superb8ked

superb8ked is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z View Post
make sure you have th emost up to date operating system installed with all updates....go to system preferences and update through there, restart and then see if you still have the same problem

in this case it can be one of two things, your imac or your router/internet connection
-chris

Does anyone know how to tell if it's the computer or the router? what can I do to diagnose the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
BlackCivic

BlackCivic is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd

if you are connecting through wireless from your router, try and use a cable from your router to your imac and see if your connection is still slow. If it is then try and see if it is still slow when you connect your imac to your cable modem. if it isn't then it's your router. If it is slow when connected to your cable modem then it's your internet that's having a problem. There are tools you can use that are free to monitor your bandwidth and monitor the consistency of your connection also...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help! OS upgrade killed my wireless USB device!!! | Newbie question: How to access wireless choices? »