New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

XP print off USB printer on airport extreme

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

built b16a

built b16a is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.

ok, anybody good with networking?

i just got my airport extreme running, and secured with WPA2, and my macbook is printing wirelessly.. but, i can't get the XP machine to recognize the printer thats connected to the air port via USB.

here are the settings on my macbook..

the XP doens't have anything similar.. they want the IP address, on that port... im lost.

the printer used to be connected to the XP all the time, so i know the drivers are correct, and up to date.. however, its not seeing it through the airport... any idea's?

QUOTE Thanks
built b16a

Mac Specs: 13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.

QUOTE Thanks
built b16a

QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Hello, take a look here.

http://tech.ifelix.net/1008.html
QUOTE Thanks
built b16a

cool.. i'll have to give that a try.. i know i installed bonjour with the airport install CD.. but ive been trying to add the printer with windows print wizard. hrmm....
QUOTE Thanks
built b16a

great advise! it worked flawlessly!

so now that i have a small network configured with a printer on my USB airport..

is it possible to use some type of a spliter to run my external HD also?

or would i have to plug, and unplug the printer, to the HD.. and back and forth? i wouldn't use the HD that often, but it would be nice to go to it from time to time.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Just get an inexpensive hub. I have a 4 port and have two printers and an external hd plugged in. They all work perfectly with my macbook/iMac/windows machines.
QUOTE Thanks
built b16a

i found this on newegg.. it was the cheapest hub there.. does it have to be anything fancy?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting internet from one Mac to another... | Toasty Wireless Dongles, Batman! »