New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Trouble veiwing and using certain websites

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jeffronomicon

Jeffronomicon is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.0GHz, intel core 2

Hello all. I have a problem which I suspect is a router issue and was curious if any of you have come across this in your travels. I just bought a new iMac which is having the very same problem on the internet that my old eMac had. Some web sites don't function properly with my macs. This for instance, I was unable to log in to this very website, along with my Comcast home page as well as my Bank of America secure account page. I also help run a very large MB like this. I can view the site no problem, posting on it is a different story. I might be able to post once or twice before I am no longer able to. The connection simply times out.

I have a netgear router which isn't mine and I'm not sure if this is the problem. Any ideas here folks? Thanks in advance...
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Could you post the OS version (not for example, OS X Tiger but 10.4.8) you are using, which browser is acting up, model of router, etc.? The more info we have, the better we can see what the possible solutions might be.

It looks to me like this could very well be the router's settings that need to be tweaked but am no network expert by far...
QUOTE Thanks
Jeffronomicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Could you post the OS version (not for example, OS X Tiger but 10.4.8) you are using, which browser is acting up, model of router, etc.? The more info we have, the better we can see what the possible solutions might be.

It looks to me like this could very well be the router's settings that need to be tweaked but am no network expert by far...
I am running Leopard 10.5.1. The problem occurs in both safari and firefox. I am using a netgear MR814v2.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeffronomicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffronomicon View Post
I am running Leopard 10.5.1. The problem occurs in both safari and firefox. I am using a netgear MR814v2.
Problem solved. Now using a linksys router.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« POSIX error | PLS HELP! URGENT. Neighbors using my Wireless, Problems setting up password »