New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jordansky

jordansky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 160GB HD

Hi, I just updated to OS 10.5 a few days ago, and my airport has been acting strange. Back on OS 10.4.10 I could click the Airport menu button and it would list off all the available hotspots. But now since updating, it only shows what I am connected to, which it does automatically. Sometimes I'll click it, and for a fraction of a second it will list all multiple selections. But then it disappears, showing only my connected source. How can I set it to list multiple connections?
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

I'm having the same problem here. I even tried a clean install.. I'm wondering if using backup to get my keychain and some settings stuff back is the problem. Any ideas on deleting the settings?
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

When you click, hover, and all available hotspots will show - at least they do on my Leopard
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Thats the expected behaviour. However jordansky and I have the problem of that not happening.
QUOTE Thanks
livstrong

livstrong is on a distinguished road

me too i can connect at home but go to local hotspot and nothing
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

10.5.1 doesnt seem to have fixed this.... what preference piles would i have to delete to get my airport back to original settings as if it were freshly installed... I could probably archive and install but I'd rather just pick the files out in the preferences that would restoree airpot to stock specs n settingss
QUOTE Thanks
MACGIRL34

MACGIRL34 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard

I'm having an issue of airport showing it's on but not showing a network. If I am right next to the router it works occasionally.

.Leo my mac kitty... 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Macbook Air 1.8GHZ/2GB/80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPod Classic 80GB, iPod Nano...
MAC CHAT: macgirl3434 see profile
My site: see profile
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Hmmm. It seems to have started to work the right way now... Ok. I think all i ever did was to empty safaris cache. Hope this helps anyone..... Umm maybe others have had this problem self fix and never bothered to tell anyone it now works???
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro disconnects! | MacBook Pro & Netgear wireless print server »