New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

WIFI Woes on downloads

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

Guys/Gals advice appreciated.

Since I upgraded to Leopard my downloads (via WIFI) keep stopping before the file is completely downloaded (even though im receiving a full signal). Why would this be happening?

Im usually surfing at the same time, and the web pages all load properly, its just the downloads that do this.

The only change has been Leopard. Laptop is located in the exact same place as it was when i was running Tiger which never dropped a download!

I have even tried bringing the laptop right beside the router (to eliminate the possibility of a weak signal).

Streaming audio at the same time as a failed download, continues to play without a hitch
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

FTP will download large files without dropping a connection, its only happening with downloads from Safari
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Does somebody know of a Good wireless network adapter with prism2 chipset? | HP PSC 2355 all-in-one - support or not? »