New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

MacBook - Sees network, can't load pages!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bjuurlink

bjuurlink is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm having trouble with my wireless network. I have a PC wired to a router, and a new macbook 2.16ghz connected wirelessely. I've been on the internet with this set-up from my macbook many times. Lately, my macbook says it's connected to my network with full signal strength but anytime I try to load up a page, it says 'problem loading page' as if there is no connection there. I can get it to work if I crawl under my desk and unplug the router and plug it back in...then I turn off mac's airport, turn it back on and voila, it works! Then a day or two later, the same thing happens. Anybody have some suggestions as to how I could fix this? I'm good on PC's but new to Mac so I don't really know how to troubleshoot anything on it!
Thanks for the help!
-bryan
QUOTE Thanks
bjuurlink

bjuurlink is on a distinguished road

The only thing that I can think of that's changed lately is my cordless phone. I previously had a 2.4ghz cordless phone that would interrupt and cut off my wireless internet connection. I just got new Dect 6.0 phones that are supposed to have less interference then the older types of cordless phones. Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any other option? | Remote Desktop from Vista/XP to Mac? »