New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

wireless fix in 10.5?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shusty

shusty is on a distinguished road

What do you guys think the chances are that apple will have the whole 10.4.10 wireless issue fixed in Leopard?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

What wireless issue are you talking about? I don't have any problems with Airport on my Macbook...

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
shusty

I think it may be a macbook pro only issue. I thought I'd seen threads about it on this forum before, its definitely all over the apple help forums. Its an issue with the wireless timing out or something and constantly hanging up on web pages. It pretty much just quits and goes out every few minutes or longer depending on who you ask. For me its about every 2 or 3 minutes that a web page will get stuck loading and I need to click the signal strength meter to rescan for networks.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

That really sucks. But to be honest, I don't think anybody here can tell you whether or not Leopard will fix the problem until it actually comes out next week.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
shusty

Ya I know I wasnt expecting anyone to say yes or no it was more of a what do you think which probably wont be much since it sounds like no one is having this problem here lol.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shusty View Post
Ya I know I wasnt expecting anyone to say yes or no it was more of a what do you think which probably wont be much since it sounds like no one is having this problem here lol.
I read something somewhere that there was an Airport update after the 10.4.10 update that took care of the issue. I knew many who had it with Intel Macs but for some reason my iBook G4 was doing the same thing. I rolled back to 10.4.9 and it's solid again which is strange as it's not an Intel Mac. There is a thread on Apple Discussion Group and I am sure that the last small non number airport update fixed it. I am sure it's fixed in Leopard, but like Kash said we will know more after the 26th.

Hope this helps a bit.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What's the easiest/fastest way to move files from one Mac to another? | Airport: G with N? »