New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

AirPort Express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the_New_guy

the_New_guy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;

I am considering buying AirPort Express. ANY users?

I will mainly use it for USB print server and Air Tunes only for parties when i will connect it to my Bose with a rc to right left cable.

is it worth it? shouldn't apple have put firewire printer server also?

Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I don't have it but as for the firewire printer server 1) how many printers actually use firewire connections and 2) you can't get the maximum firewire throughput through wifi

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_New_guy
I am considering buying AirPort Express. ANY users?

I will mainly use it for USB print server and Air Tunes only for parties when i will connect it to my Bose with a rc to right left cable.

is it worth it? shouldn't apple have put firewire printer server also?
As far as I know there are no FW printers. I like being able to stream audio to my stereo receiver (and using the optical cable, very nice) and there is no discernable difference in audio quality. Sounds like it's from the CD.

The manual/website also says that the RJ45 is for a DSL/Cable modem, but I plugged my kids iMac into it temporarily and was able to get online. Now it's back in the entertainment center, and I crimped an ethernet cable for my XBox to connect into the Express.
QUOTE Thanks
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
I don't have it but as for the firewire printer server 1) how many printers actually use firewire connections and 2) you can't get the maximum firewire throughput through wifi
Airport Express uses USB2.0 for printer port
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« airport problem | how to check users on airport express »