New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport/DSL help setup?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

anarkhy 17

I have just switched from cable modem to DSL (Charter cable sucks).
I have had my airport for a while now and i know how to use it, but my DSL requires PPPoE passwords and stuff. So i now have it hooked up to my Mac but i need it for all of the computers in my house. Basicly all i need to know is how to set up the base station for PPPoE??? :cool: ... thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
anarkhy 17

Help???
Oh crap i Just realized that my base station doesn't show up in the Admin utility, and i think it's because i just erased my HD and installed Panther, and the base station doesn't realize that this is the same Mac. Is there a way i can fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
IndianPowerbook

airport utility
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

I reformat A LOT, and my Mac always sees my AirPort base...

Got an Apple Store nearby? Might want to take the base and computer in.
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkhy 17
Help???
Oh crap i Just realized that my base station doesn't show up in the Admin utility, and i think it's because i just erased my HD and installed Panther, and the base station doesn't realize that this is the same Mac. Is there a way i can fix this?
You should see it, unless it's closed network wireless name. Just reset the Airport and re configure it.

By memory, in Internet Connection you'll select PPPoE instead of DHCP, then input your username and password into the fields provided.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I've got another answer to this from my recent reformat and install of Panther. If the Airport Extreme base is set to use WPA for authentication, then you need to install the updated Airport drivers for Panther after the reformat before Panther will see it since the included drivers don't support WPA.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Songster

Hello, After experiencing poor DSL service through Earthlink (down time for hours at a time per day/evening) I am now switching over to Charter Cable Modem. Anyone have experience with Charter? Also, any comments from Earthlink DSL users? Btw, my DSL was through Earthlink with Covad.
Looking forward to all your feedback
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

You'll be fine. You see, DSL sucks, when Cable is superior to all. Except T1...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone use Charter Cable Modem Svc in CA? | How to manage wireless connection linksys »