New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Someone help me pleaz!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jdreb

Jdreb is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just got a Apple Airport Extreme and I have the Linksys Wireless G usb adapters on two other pc's and it won't find the router. I have the router on WPA encryption...so I was just going to add the two adapters as a client but I couldn't find the button for add client on my airport utility. my macbook pro finds it perfectly, but the usb adapters can't....what is wrong with me???

HELP ME PLEASE! Thanks!

Jdreb
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
but I couldn't find the button for add client on my airport utility
What am I missing here? There isn't any such button that I know of. Are the Linksys adapters on Windoze PeeCee's? If so, you are going to need drivers, DLLs, etc and run the Linksys software, not the built in Windows wireless connector.
QUOTE Thanks
Jdreb

yes, the driver is all set up, i was using a linksys g router before...it connected through the internet fine, but I wanted to switch to the apple extreme...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Do you have any Macs in the house? Does it work with them? Did you run the Airport Extreme utility? Does the Airport Express have an SSID set up?
QUOTE Thanks
Jdreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Do you have any Macs in the house? Does it work with them? Did you run the Airport Express utility? Does the Airport Express have an SSID set up?
Yep, i have a macbook pro and it connects fine...i used airport utility and im looking for the "add client" button that the setup book says to add my other wireless adapters...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I am reading the manual for the Airport Express 11n and from what I can see you need to install the Airport client on the Windows machines and run it Reading more but it looks that way from here. Never set one up here as yet.

I see no Add Client button in the manual. Yours is the new Airport Extreme 11n correct?
QUOTE Thanks
Jdreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I am reading the manual for the Airport Express 11n and from what I can see you need to install the Airport client on the Windows machines and run it Reading more but it looks that way from here. Never set one up here as yet.

I see no Add Client button in the manual. Yours is the new Airport Extreme 11n correct?

yes it is...let me try that...
QUOTE Thanks
Jdreb

I'm looking on page 24, in chapter 3

I put it on the windows pc, but it did not find the router...
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Is it possible that the airport only has "n" enabled and you need to turn on the others??
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

I would try and help more but the manual I downloaded from Apple and yours do not agree. Not sure what to tell you but what I have since I don't have an AE here to mess with and never have even worked with an Apple Router. Keep us updated.
QUOTE Thanks
Jdreb

Okay, so I finally could connect to the network, but now, my pc can't acquire the DHCP addresses, etc to surf the internet...

I tried doing it manually but it still can't find it...anyone else had this type of problem?
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

Now that your Mac is connected, what is its IP address?
System Preferences --> Network --> TCP/IP
And don't try a manual address, this will work much better with absolutely no other setting than plain ole DHCP.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« powerbook g4 wireless card question | Best wireless internet card for mac? »