New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Internet Connect Troubleshooting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jordansky

jordansky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 160GB HD

I am having trouble connecting to the internet using an Ethernet connection. It's through the company Shaw and all they said was plug it in and it should connect. It was already working on my PC, but I can't seem to get it to connect with my Macbook. Does anyone know what I need to do?
QUOTE Thanks
Pixel_Donkey

Pixel_Donkey is on a distinguished road

Does your company network use a server or firewall for accessing the internet?

Perhaps you have a proxy server or something... if so you may need to enter the correct details.

It was about time I switched... and I am so glad I did.
QUOTE Thanks
meatus

meatus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen

Do you have it coming from a router or straight from the modem? I was at my parents this weekend and was having problem with wireless and ethernet connection on my MBP. After going through all the steps about 8 times I didn't even think to check to see if the modem and router were set up right. I checked it and it went wall - modem- computer- router so my parents computer was working just fine. My MBP would recognize the wireless and the ethernet connection but could not connect. Once I noticed how it was set up I fixed it and things worked perfectly after that. Make sure it goes wall - modem - router - computer and make sure the cable's are in the right order.

I'm not saying this is your problem and you may have already thought of something this simple, and I'm not saying I'm an IT guy or anything close but I know my way around a computer. Anyways in my case it sometime seems like the more I learn I tend to forget some of the simple easy fixes.
QUOTE Thanks
jordansky

jordansky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 160GB HD

No its connected fine, I got online using a Windows desktop..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Att Dsl Smtp Mac | Bandwidth Monitoring App »