New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Limewire and Firewall settings...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

A_Alire

A_Alire is on a distinguished road

My Limewire stopped working after recently stopping, then restarting my internet account with Cox Cable...I understand that Cox, as well as router settings may disable the ability to connect, but I am using the same router and have used Limewire in the past with Cox, so I have limited my options for the interference to my personal firewall settings on my MacBook and would like to know how to change, or better, what to change in terms of settings to get over this issue. Any feedback is appreciated, thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

24 Illegal Song Downloads Cost U.S. Woman 220,000 Dollars

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=82139

She would have been better off if her Limewire access had been blocked.
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Sherman,
There are legitamate reasons for sharing files. It's distributing the huge download across multiple peers. The downloader gets the file fast, and everyone else doesn't take a huge bandwidth hit.
If you ever downloaded Fedora you'd understand!

Alire,
Limewire should adapt to the problem and find an open port. This seems odd to me. If you prove to Cox that you need Limewire for legit reasons, and they are purposely blocking it, they should have to unblock it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme Question | airport express set up help »