Wireless Printing
    Yesterday I bought an HP1022WS printer to use with my G4 Mac and my G3 iBook. It works beautifully with a direct USB cable but I'm not sure how to make it connect wirelesly. I keep reading about Bonjour yet can't find it. Do I need an Airport Express Base Station?

Thanks,

Sam

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I can't find that printer model to determine what level of wireless support it offers. Is it Bluetooth or Wi-Fi (or both)?

Typically, the manual should describe the installation process. If it's Bluetooth, you should be able to connect directly to it fairly easily. If it's Wi-Fi, that's another story.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Bluetooth
    Thanks.

I believe yet am not sure that it is Bluetooth. The printer came with a wireless "upgrade" dongle that plugs into the printer port. Also a USB plug that, I guess, plugs into the Mac's USB port. These two devices are supposed to communicate with each other.

Thanks again,

Sam

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by samboh View Post
    Thanks.

I believe yet am not sure that it is Bluetooth. The printer came with a wireless "upgrade" dongle that plugs into the printer port. Also a USB plug that, I guess, plugs into the Mac's USB port. These two devices are supposed to communicate with each other.

Thanks again,

Sam
    The dongle probably plugs into the printer itself - I'm guessing that's a Bluetooth adapter. Once you've done that, it's simply a matter of connecting a new Bluetooth device on your BT-enabled Mac (assuming you have one - I'm not familiar with the G3 models, but I believe some of the G4s do). This is done through the Bluetooth applet in the System Preferences.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information