New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

airport unable to reconnect after sleep mode (powerbook G4)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MikeyT

I've been using my new powerbook to connect to a d-link di-624 wireless g router at home for the past few week for the past few weeks with no problems. Lately though, i am unable to get the powerbook to reconnect to my network after sleep mode. The network is not broadcasting the SSID, but is running openly without security. I know it is not a problem with the router (or does not seem to be) because i have a windows XP laptop running beside it that can disconnect and reconnect to the wireless router with no problems, simply by typing in the network name. Any idea's on how to solve this problem? It actually seems that rebooting does not always help the situation, and it doesn't actually happen after every time i enter sleep mode, just a couples times a week. All my software and drivers are uptodate from using the sytem updater and i am running 10.3.4 version of OS X. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
GLJones

GLJones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook

Do you have the latest Airport driver update? Check Software update to make sure. I had this problem before the latest update a couple months ago.
QUOTE Thanks
MikeyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJones
Do you have the latest Airport driver update? Check Software update to make sure. I had this problem before the latest update a couple months ago.
Yeah, the powerbook itself is not even a month old and there haven't been any updates since the first day i brought it home and did a full software update on it. So i would believe that this would not be the cause unless there is some sort of flaw even in the new driver?
QUOTE Thanks
mode7girl

I find this happens with my current iBook, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same. To solve the problem on my iBook, I enable the airport indicator in the status menu next to the battery life, and click it and select the network when it powers back up from sleep mode.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firewire HD won't mount after airport setup | G4 airport doesn't work with BEFW11S2 router »