New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

HELP with DSL and Apple Airport Extreme

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

extremescuba347

extremescuba347 is on a distinguished road

I have a ATT dsl line. And it's plugged into the WAN of the Airport and ! of the Airport outs to a Vonage VOIP modem. The systems works fine, but every now and then I have to go over and reset the modem by powering it off anf then back on. When I try do resetup the Airport or add my express base station in the basement I get Double NAT errors etc???? Any help would be great.... This excact config was working fine at my old house using comcast and i never had a problem.....
QUOTE Thanks
illy5603

illy5603 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac

Can you log directly into the IP of the DSL modem and turn off NAT and DHCP so the Airport can deliver those services?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What Modem is the DSL using? Does it say AT&T on it? What is the Model Number on the DSL Modem that plugs into the WAN on the Airport?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac and Windows servers | ipod touch wont connect with wifi »