cannot print wireless
    Hello,

i have a white macbook and i cannot print wireless. i am connected to the router and i can acces the internet wireless, but my mac doesn't seem to see any of my 2 pc's running on windows (i cannot see the network). i took the exact steps written on apple support, but it doesn't work. i must mention that my printer is an epson CX5000. my epson is connected via USB to one of the 2 pc's, and is working fine. i tried to print directly from my macbook via USB to epson and worked perfectly.
    can anyone suggest an advice? thank you in advance...

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by diona488 View Post
    Hello,

i have a white macbook and i cannot print wireless. i am connected to the router and i can acces the internet wireless, but my mac doesn't seem to see any of my 2 pc's running on windows (i cannot see the network). i took the exact steps written on apple support, but it doesn't work. i must mention that my printer is an epson CX5000. my epson is connected via USB to one of the 2 pc's, and is working fine. i tried to print directly from my macbook via USB to epson and worked perfectly.
    can anyone suggest an advice? thank you in advance...
    Some printer drivers will simply not work when the computer is connected via a network connection, because they weren't written to work that way. This is a big problem that Apple has yet to address on OS X.

See the Networking Printers FAQ for details.

If the problem is just that the computer can't see your Windows machines on the network at all, you may need to either turn the Windows Firewall off, or allow an exception for File & Printer Sharing.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

thank you for your help, and if anyone has other suggestions, i would highly appreciate!

Thread Information