Thread: Airport Help

Airport Help
    Hello, I just got comcast wirelss cable internet set-up in my apartment. The router is in my living room because that is the only place I have a cable hook up.

I also have an airport extreme base station that I use to print and listen to music wirelessly.

The airport is in my room because that is where my speakers and printer are. Now I can't listen to music or print while I am on the internet because I can only be connected to one wireless device at a time.

Does anyone know how I can either consolidate the two devices or even connect to both at the same time? Thanks.

-pk, www.pkafka.com

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    1) Open the Airport Admin Utility.

2) Open the Main Airport base station.

3) Click on the WDS tab.

4) Click the "Enable this base station as WDS" box and then select "Main Base Station"

5) Enter the MAC address of the Airport in your bedroom.

6) Save this and close the window (the Airport will reset)

7) In Airport Admin Utility, open the Airport in your room (I assume it is an express?)

8) Click on the WDS tab.

9) Check the same box and then select "Remote Base Station: from the drop down.

10) Enter the Main Airport ID (it's the MAC address).

11) Save and close (the Airport will reset)

Both Airports are now part of the same network and you can print or listen to music on either.

thanks. very nice write up. however i have lost my airport all together. the one in my room, PK Net, no longer shows up. I must have done something wrong.

Is there anyway to reset all my airport settings? Thanks.

-pk

unplug it, push the reset button with a paperclip or a pencil and plug in it while still pushing the button in.. Keep it pressed for 10 sec (15 just to be safe) and let go off the button. It should reset all settings to factory defaults.

ok it is reset. but i still can't sink my airport with my main router (which is not an airport, it is a netgear router). any thing else i can try? thanks.

-pk

Is your netgear router wireless? Are you trying to connect the airport to your netgear router wirelessly or with wires?

wirelessly. all i want to do is to be able to listen to music and print wirelessly from my airport. and be on the internet at the same time with my netgear.

thanks.

-pk

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by pkafka View Post
    ok it is reset. but i still can't sink my airport with my main router (which is not an airport, it is a netgear router). any thing else i can try? thanks.

-pk

You didn't tell us that. I'm not sure if what I said in post #2 will work with non-Apple routers.

any ideas?

-pk

Thread Information