New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

weak airport express signal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shusty

shusty is on a distinguished road

Hi, ive had my macbook pro connected to my airport express for about 5 months now. For the first couple months I was getting full strength all of the time. However in the past couple months its been consistently at 4/5 bars. It doesnt seem like a big difference but I get around 18 mb/s at 5 bars and around 3 or 4 at 4 bars which is huge. Im getting this weak signal as I speak even after i've moved my airport to within a foot of my laptop. The problems seemed to have started after apple released those updates a while back (I cant remember what exactly for but I remember it had something to do with airport). Is there any preference I can change (interface robustness doesnt help) or anything at all I could do to figure this out? thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
shusty

shusty is on a distinguished road

no one knows? and yes I did do a search...is there a different channel setting or something or a way to reset everything? any ideas would be helpful.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connection Speed | WAN networking issues in student halls? »