New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Import Router into UK??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gazzer82

gazzer82 is on a distinguished road

Hello

My current wireless router has just spectacularly died (in a big cackley puff of smelly smoke) and i am looking to get a new draft n router. Now apple are out of the window due to there inexplicable lack of gigabit Lan. I also have some 802.11b/g stuff that i don't really want to change at the moment, so i have come across the Belkin N1 Vision, it seems to have everything i need, and the ability to run two wireless networks from the same box, and it looks damb sexy.

Now the problem, it's not due out here till the end of november, begining of december. I really don't think i can do without my wireless till then, so what would my options of buying it from the us and getting it imported be. If i could find an online retailer who would ship to the uk (suggestions welcomed) would it work ok? Especially the wireless, i assume tha wifi is wifi wherever you are, but i wanted to check before i import it and wipe out the local poice frequencies or something!!

Any help greatly appeciated!!

Cheers

Gareth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport | Airport Problem (Self-Assigned IP Address) »